Wednesday 20 June 2012

Playing The Tourist


We play at being tourist guides
when friends visit
Habitation is a popular place
Every time we go I see or learn something new


This time I noticed
upside down waves on the canoe


this time I discovered the coveted felt hats
were made from beaver fur
Felt from fur!


Caskets filled with vital supplies
and some wine I expect


I could make good use of a leather bucket


Wouldn't mind this front door either!


A tepee stood outside the walls
and me thinks there is a design in there.

7 comments:

  1. What an interesting place, I love the leather bucket and how the caskets are made.
    It happens to me too to see a design in things, amazing how a trained eye can see beyond appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Reminds me of the Canadian Canoe Museum in Peterborough, ON (well worth a visit, if you ever travel to this area. It's a 1.5 hour drive from Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a hat museum not far from us, where they used to make the felt hats using rabbit fur, and I think some one told me once that in NZ they used to use possum fur. I guess the hatters used whatever was locally plentiful.

    Looking forward to seeing what you do with the tepee idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to take a look at the shapes and textures of things -- really and truly observing. From that often comes artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you love places like this, that you return to time and again? we have nearby upper canada village which i love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our son brought my hubby a beautiful fur-felted hat from one of his trips. It's so light and definitely turns water!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.